The Best Doctor to treat your Asthma?

admin admin

May 23, 2016


Which doctor is best suited to treat and create a management plan for your asthma?  Your family doctor?  A doctor who specializes in lungs (pulmonologist)?  No, the physician with the most specialized training in treating asthma is an allergist.

Allergists are specially trained to detect asthma triggers and to develop asthma management plans says allergist Bryan Martin, DO, President of the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI). He also said that that most people with asthma, including children, don’t see an allergist – a specialist who could improve their symptoms. Allergists take a detailed history, and may do testing to identify your unique set of triggers and symptoms, and create an asthma plan to treat them.”

Proper asthma treatment has proven to reduce sick days by 77% as well as emergency room costs by the same percentage.   26 million people (7 million children) suffer from asthma in the US.  Treatment for uncontrolled asthma symptoms can be nearly 3 times higher than for asthma that is properly controlled.

If you have experienced problems with your asthma such as asthma attacks requiring emergency room visits or symptoms that limited your normal level of activity, consider scheduling an appointment with an allergist who is an asthma specialist.   The Baz Allergy, Asthma and Sinus Center has 15 office in California, our newer offices are in Fremont, San Leandro, Los Banos and Turlock.


This entry was posted in Uncategorized on May 23, 2016 by admin admin.

Patient Education

Check out these helpful posts.

  • Asthma

How to Alleviate Your Asthma This Spring.

  • Uncategorized

Allergies or COVID-19?

  • Food Allergies

Food Allergies On The Rise

For parents, day to day life is already filled with surprises, but could food allergies be one of them?  A…

Book an appointment

Call our practice to book your appointment.

Call 559-436-4500