Toddler allergic to dairy dies after given grilled cheese

admin admin

November 13, 2017

Allergies

A 3-year-old boy with a known dairy allergy died after eating grilled cheese at his New York City preschool.

An adult at Seventh Avenue Center for Family Services in Harlem gave Elijah Silvera a grilled cheese sandwich last week despite the school “knowing and having documented that he has a severe allergy… more

 

 

 

photo provided by the Silvera family

This entry was posted in Allergies on November 13, 2017 by admin admin.

Patient Education

Check out these helpful posts.

  • Asthma

How to Alleviate Your Asthma This Spring.

  • Uncategorized

Allergies or COVID-19?

  • Food Allergies

Food Allergies On The Rise

For parents, day to day life is already filled with surprises, but could food allergies be one of them?  A…

Book an appointment

Call our practice to book your appointment.

Call 559-436-4500